Enjoy responsibly—by reviewing your food & beverage tax revenues
The hospitality sector’s really taken it in the teeth this year, thanks to COVID. But December 10 is National Lager Day! Pick up some of this classic German beer style at your favorite bar or brewery near you.
Some of our municipal clients are home to some great microbreweries canning these options:
- Big River Brewery Company in Pharr, Texas - Del Valle Light Lager
- Elder Brewing in Joliet, Illinois - Helles Horseman Helles Lager
- Beachwood Brewery in Long Beach, California - Hayabusa Japanese-style Lager
- Quincy Brewing Company in Quincy, Illinois - Oktoberfest Marzen
- Six Mile Bridge Beer in Maryland Heights, Missouri - North Shore Lager
But while you’re sipping, remember that it’s always smart to review your sales tax receipts from time to time. Pay special attention to food & beverage remittances to make sure your municipality is getting the funds its due. Many times, address errors result in taxes that should be going to your community being routed inappropriately. Our advanced GIS mapping tools rectify those issues, both retroactively and for the future.
Revenue reviews, like all tax audits, are complicated and require a lot of staff time. Azavar’s team of review professionals can quickly look through your community’s receipts to find any potential sources of revenue leakage.
Join us in a virtual toast and start the conversation about how Azavar can help your municipality conduct a smooth revenue review of food-and-beverage receipts, utility taxes, short-term rental fees, and much more. Let's talk.