We believe that everyone who works at Azavar is on the same team. As teammates, we help each other by doing our own part well, collaborating to find the best solution and pitching in when someone needs it. At Azavar, there’s always someone who is willing to teach you something new across the full development stack. We’re young. We’re diverse. We’re energetic. We enjoy each other and have fun. Many of us have spouses, kids, dogs, picket fences and train schedules, so appreciate the commitment to work/life balance that exists at Azavar.
Chicago is our kind of town, and always has been. We’re right downtown and love jockeying for position on crowded sidewalks, hearing the clatter of the el tracks and watching how the color of Lake Michigan can change from day to day. On the southeast corner of the Loop, el and bus stops are super handy, and all the commuter train stations are walkable (or hikable, depending on your POV). Need a place to recharge? Pop around the corner to the Art Institute or Grant Park. Need a serious jolt? You will never need a coat or umbrella to visit the coffee shop in the lobby.
Have we got our priorities right, or what? We’ve got a great view of Lake Michigan from our offices, and it’s available to everyone in the company because we designed our space so that our main crew workspaces look out the window. Yep, you heard right. Our big-wigs are on the interior edge in offices with no windows (but glass walls). We like to keep things transparent, and even our conference room is all glass. We consider walls places to draw an idea, take notes and keep a deadline schedule. Our white, bright lunchroom is the site of catered-in lunch every Friday and the occasional happy hour.
Just a Day in the Worklife at Azavar.
Current Job Openings
Senior User Experience Designer
We’re seeking a highly motivated and passionate Senior User Experience (UX) Designer that will be responsible for creating the approach and user experience of our projects. This position will cover a broad spectrum of areas including: business strategy, discovery, user research, content evaluation and strategy, information architecture, usability analysis, interaction and visual design and branding. The ideal candidate will be able to work directly with clients on a strategic level, taking into account the overall strategy and experience, and crafting great ideas that will lead to great results.
- Provide strategy and execution for a variety of clients and project types, including websites, custom apps, mobile apps and e-commerce
- Design compelling interactions and user experiences across all project types
- Collaborate effectively with developers, project managers and other designers
- Conduct business discovery and user research to understand requirements and generate insights that shape the UX strategy and design decisions
- Evaluate the usability of existing systems as well as preliminary designs
- Deliver end-to-end digital solutions that pinpoint the intersection of users’ desires and business objectives
- Be proficient in developing prototypes in varying levels of fidelity
- Prototype, test and iterate on designs
- Effectively work in an Agile environment
- Possess ability to work on multiple projects
- Contribute to estimating new project work and RFP responses
- Effectively present ideas and concepts to clients
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- Five or more years of user experience design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, HCI or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of proficiency with a variety of design tools such as Axure, Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent software programs
- Portfolio demonstrating your experience and excellence of work product
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
- A growing portfolio of exciting projects.
- Dual-headed desktops, with available private rooms and open floor plan.
- Medical, dental and vision health care plans.
- Matches to 401(k) retirement contributions.
- Bonuses for exceptional contribution.
- Unlimited coffee, snacks and beverages.
- Catered lunch on Fridays.