We believe that everyone who works at Azavar is on the same team. As teammates, we help each other by doing our own part well, collaborating to find the best solution and pitching in when someone needs it. At Azavar, there’s always someone who is willing to teach you something new across the full development stack. We’re young. We’re diverse. We’re energetic. We enjoy each other and have fun. Many of us have spouses, kids, dogs, picket fences and train schedules, so appreciate the commitment to work/life balance that exists at Azavar.
Chicago is our kind of town, and always has been. We’re right downtown and love jockeying for position on crowded sidewalks, hearing the clatter of the el tracks and watching how the color of Lake Michigan can change from day to day. On the southeast corner of the Loop, el and bus stops are super handy, and all the commuter train stations are walkable (or hikable, depending on your POV). Need a place to recharge? Pop around the corner to the Art Institute or Grant Park. Need a serious jolt? You will never need a coat or umbrella to visit the coffee shop in the lobby.
Have we got our priorities right, or what? We’ve got a great view of Lake Michigan from our offices, and it’s available to everyone in the company because we designed our space so that our main crew workspaces look out the window. Yep, you heard right. Our big-wigs are on the interior edge in offices with no windows (but glass walls). We like to keep things transparent, and even our conference room is all glass. We consider walls places to draw an idea, take notes and keep a deadline schedule. Our white, bright lunchroom is the site of catered-in lunch every Friday and the occasional happy hour.
Just a Day in the Worklife at Azavar.
Current Job Openings
Senior Sales Executive
We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Sales Executive experienced in the sale of custom software design and development to aggressively drive new revenue growth in our Chicago office. The Senior Sales Executive will work closely with our internal team of experts to ensure we are delivering the best technology solutions to meet our client’s needs.
- Build and maintain an active pipeline of qualified leads through cold calling, following up on leads generated from our marketing efforts, attending industry trade shows and networking.
- Identify and pursue prospective clients and develop an understanding of key issues in their environment that we can help solve through our custom software solutions.
- Effectively communicate the Azavar value proposition, services and solutions to prospects.
- Forecast opportunities and gather customer information.
- Utilize a consultative approach to driving customer engagement with the expectation of moving through the buying cycle and closing business.
- Be an effective presenter with the ability to negotiate and close deals with management and C-level executives.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements, and be able effectively translate to internal team.
- Work with our internal teams to make accurate estimates, providing clients with timely and competitive proposals.
- Advise clients on new and upcoming technologies that will enhance their competitive position and lead to increased sales opportunities with those clients.
- Partner with our internal executives to establish and fine tune our sales strategy and best practices.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of seven years business-to-business outside sales experience with focus on new account generation, preferably selling custom software design and development solutions.
- Proven multi-year track record at the same company, delivering consistently above quota results.
- Sales experience using a consultative selling approach.
- Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills, proficiency in Microsoft office and CRM software.
- The ideal candidate will possess conversational knowledge of interactive technology and both the ability and the genuine interest to constantly learn about this rapidly evolving field.
- Proven ability to develop and grow management and C-level relationships to increase probability of success.
- Self-motivated with a high level of detail orientation.
- The position will require local travel, therefore, having a valid driver’s license is required.
- Mainly local and Midwest
- Industry event attendance when appropriate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
- A growing portfolio of exciting projects.
- Dual-headed desktops, with available private rooms and open floor plan.
- Medical, dental and vision health care plans.
- Matches to 401(k) retirement contributions.
- Bonuses for exceptional contribution.
- Unlimited coffee, snacks and beverages.
- Catered lunch on Fridays.